March 25th, 2016
13: 3D Printing & React Native
Old FashionedPlay Now
"When you start creating things, your taste is always better than your ability to create. So you're going to create a lot of shitty stuff. But if you persevere, you can actually have the stuff you create match the taste that you have."
"Transpile with care!"
"Everybody uses JQuery still, we just don't say that we use it."
"Keep learning, it all turns out alright."
- 0:30 - The Drank
- 1:14 - About Evan
- 8:19 - How did you get started?
- 13:47 - What are you up to these days?
- 19:11 - Thoughts on transpilers?
- 23:21 - Advise for interviewers
- 29:09 - Is it valid to bitch about Angular 2?
- 40:06 - What makes a good Angular Dev?
- 43:35 - How do Angular Dudes keep up with other technologies?
- 53:30 - Questionnaire
- 53:32 - Which celebrity would you pick to do pair programming with?
- 54:15 - Who would you want as your project manager, Gandhi or Charlie Sheen?
- 55:03 - How much code coverage would Gandhi have? Statements and branches.
- 56:10 - Who's better at e2e tests, Bernie Sanders or Donald Trump?
- 56:28 - If Angular was a human being would it be male or female?
- 57:07 - If you had to legally change your name to a programming language or framework, what would it be?
- 57:56 - If you weren't a programmer for a day, what would you do instead?
- 58:41 - What do you suck at?
- 1:00:25 - What do you hate about the web?
- 1:03:19 - Greatest fuck up as a programmer?
- 1:05:29 - As a consumer of technology, what are you most excited about?
- 1:14:28 - What is the reason for your success?
- 1:16:03 - How do you keep up with the industry?
- 1:17:15 - Advise for young developers?
- About the guest:
- Evan is a Managing Partner & Mobile/Web Application Architect of Rose Digital (US).
- He is the co-founder and President of The Steve Fund.
- He is the co-founder of eCruit.
- He is the founder of NiteFly Inc.
- He is a Board Member of NFTE Ventures.
- He was an analyst at Goldman Sachs.
- He is the Technology Group Founder & Host of Harvard Club of New York.
- He studied Social Anthropology at Harvard University.
- Evan Rose @ LinkedIn