Oct 22nd, 2018
22. Marriage of Hardware & Software
Kian Tabrizi & Nick Johnson
Old Fashioned & Tequila on the Rocks
The closer you get, the farther you get.
My thinking going into any job is try to put yourself out of the job in terms of automating as much as you can, documenting as much as you can. So ideally, you sort of look up and ask what's next.
It's OK if you have to do some management. It's OK if you have to do some fund raising. But every once in a while you have to go back and fall in love with the real thing.
Pursuit everything that you liked to do, and do it in a way that you might be able to do it on your own. Skills speak louder than anything else. Learn as many as you can. YouTube University is your friend. Practice every day. Don't watch Netflix.
About the Guest
- Kian is a Software Engineer MongoDB.
- Previously he was at Amazon for 5 years.
- He was involved in launching 5 generations of Amazon Kindles.
- He is known as the Smoothie King, mainly due to his killer smoothie recipes.
- Nick is the CTO at ShiftWear, a fashion - tech wearables company based out of NYC.
- He is the CEO of MAKE, a blockchain company.
- Prior to all the entrepreneurial work, freelancing, and consulting, he was a design engineer at Bose in MA where he worked on headphones and headsets.
- Watch him in this awesome MAKE ad.