November 20, 2018
23: Own That Product
Ryan Crowe & Jesse Owens
Old Fashioned, Tequila & eventually Rum from the bottlePlay Now
"You have to realize that not every product vision is a 100% accurate, more likely and perhaps the vision is something great but the strategy of getting there is almost certainly going to be flawed when you start out."
"Engineers love to talk about what they do, especially if you get them lunch. So you could get everything out of them in an hour that can propel you in a sense that you can be more effective at your job."
"Be fancy about your documentation. Be fancy about your pipelines."
"Tech Debt is not a one time thing. We are all constantly producing Tech Debt. You, living your life, means you have to frequently shower. You have to contantly brush your teeth. Tech Debt is like brushing your teeth. You, by being a human being, are producing poison. You have to make sure you clean it up."
- Ryan Crowe:
- Ryan is a Director of Product at Mastercard
- Previously he was a product owner working with various digital products, including Masterpass.
- He was awarded a CEO Award from Mastercard's CEO Ajay Banga at the end of 2017 in recognition of the work he did as a mentor for the Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) Start Up Tech Summer program
- He's a member of Oratorio Society of New York
- He has almost the same number of patents in his name than the number of TheDrunkWeb episodes.
- He is learning more and more about front-end coding, 'Thanks in no small part to ColorCode.io' according to him, not me, him, Ryan Crowe.
- Jesse Owens:
- Jesse is a Director of Product at Mastercard, previously at JPMorgan.
- He was a Product Manager at Imagine Easy Solutions where he launched two products focused around academic research and professional development
- He's an active speaker, most recently spoke at Product Con NYC 2018 and Product Management & Innovation in Philadelphia
- He has taught multiple Product Managment and Product Development cohorts via Product School and CarryOnFriends
- He was featured in the Wall Street Journal for Work Wear
- He is the co-founder and an active participant of Fancy Friday. See my @ColorCode.io instagram Stories for more.