8: The Real Concern with Angular
November 13th, 2015Play Now
Drink: Bengali Tiger Beer
"There is peaks and troughs. You never really reach some sort of pinnacle. You always go back and learn more. I think of it as learning to play an instrument. Except this pays!"
"Just go back and do everything you can to get to the next step and recognize that there is always a next step."
- 00:11 - The Drink
- 00:53 - About John
- 21:10 - What technologies are you using?
- 24:29 - What do you wish was different about Angular?
- 26:33 - The Questionnaire
- 26:51 - If Jesus was a programmer would he be front end or back end and what would be his specialty?
- 27:23 - What do you like to write from scratch?
- 27:51 - Are you a brogrammer?
- 28:19 - If you weren't a programmer what would you do?
- 28:35 - What was your first programming gig?
- 31:10 - What do you wish you were better at?
- 33:20 - What do you hate about the web?
- 35:51 - When was the last time you had a brutal awful miserable interview?
- 36:22 - What's the coolest thing you worked on?
- 37:15 - What's your biggest fuck up of all time?
- 37:58 - Would you encourage people to become programmers?
- 39:09 - How do you see the future of the web?
- 40:12 - How do you keep up with the industry?
- 41:03 - Your experience with CSS Flexbox?
- 41:43 - Consulting vs. full-time?
- 41:55 - How can young developers become like John Savarino?
- 42:43 - What kind of developer do you not like to work with?
- 44:09 - What would you say to the young John Savarino?
- 45:22 - Thoughts on project managers?
- 48:40 - Why is there no picture of you on Google Images?
- About the guest:
- John is a Senior Engineer at ADP innovation lab
- He was a Lead Front End Engineer at Morgan Stanley.
- He was a Senior Front End Engineer at Neosavvy, Inc.
- He was a Senior Front-End Engineer at HBO.
- He was a Lead Front-End Engineer at Time Inc.
- He was a Lead Front-End Engineer at Equinox.
- He was a Front-End Engineer at Roundarch, MRM Worldwide, CoreBrand, Magnify.net and YB Services
- John Savarino @ LinkedIn