Nov 17, 2017
19: Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency
Dark & StormyPlay Now
"That's one thing I'm always trying do more and more and more of, is get the full picture, ask as many questions as possible. Who cares what people think. It doesn't matter. You gotta have all the information."
"We've all worked with the developer who's just an asshole who thinks they're just too good for everybody else. Don't be like that. Have discipline to think about other people and what they are thinking. To me, the arrogant asshole developer that will not accept that he is wrong, is the worst possible type of person you could work with."
- 1:49 - The Drank
- 2:13 - About Austin
- 3:16 - Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency
- 10:02 - How long before people start trusting bitcoin?
- 12:45 - Where do people go to educate themselves about bitcoin?
- 17:58 - How did you achieve work/life balance?
- 20:37 - On being self taught
- 24:51 - Is it still possible to be self taught today given the amount of stuff out there?
- 26:15 - Top 3 developer disciplines
- 35:20 - Questionnaire
- 35:32 - Is there a direct correlation between the quality of a developer's code and the quality of their hair?
- 36:44 - The Luke Question
- 38:30 - The 'Home' Story
- 40:00 - #1 reason you would reject a PR
- 40:32 - Stuck on an island, you can use NPM once. What do you use it on?
- 41:41 - Which would you rather give up? Your IDE or your guitar?
- 43:20 - Party . Code . Brunch
- 46:05 - What would you teach Kermit the Frog?
- 48:20 - If you weren't a programmer and music wasn't an option, what would you do?
- 48:46 - Shoutout to Peter
- 48:50 - What do you suck at?
- 49:20 - What's the coolest thing you worked on?
- 50:00 - Instagram Question: What is the best first language to learn?
- 51:23 - How do you see the future of the web?
- 53:15 - Round 3
- 54:32 - Advice for your young self
- 1:01:05 - More on Bitcoin
- 1:08:05 - Shoutout to Luke
- 1:10:50 - Final words
- About the guest:
- Austin is a Tech Lead at InRhythm, he has been leading teams for multiple fortune 50 companies such as American Express and Mastercard.
- He’s been at Cake & Arrow, YellowHammer Media, Equinox, NY Stock Exchange, The Economist Intelligence Unit and more.
- He shreds the guitar on a daily basis.
- On top of it all, he arguably has the best hair in all of fin-tech, myself included.
- He knows Luke. They were in a band together. We're all friends.
- Austin Cornelio @ LinkedIn